We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pesto sauce and risotto are two typical Italian dishes, so combining both we will have a delicious recipe for children that is doubly Italian, a different way to enjoy intense flavors and soft textures.
Although pasta is usually what accompanies this pesto sauce, making it with rice is more original, so we will vary the menu so the children do not get bored. Go ahead and give an Italian touch to the kitchen of the whole family, they will love it.
- 250 gr. of rice
- 150 ml. white wine
- 75 gr. grated cheese
- 1 l. vegetable broth
- 2 carrots
- 1 branch of basil leaves
- 100 gr. pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 ml. virgin olive oil
1. Put the broth to heat until it is warm. Pour the rice into the pan with a little oil, add the wine and let it evaporate.
2. Add broth little by little, by spoonfuls, so that the rice absorbs it before adding more.
3. Meanwhile, peel and dice the carrots, dice them and add them to the pan with the rice.
4. When the rice is tender, add the grated cheese (you can also add a little cream) and stir well.
5. For the pesto you just have to crush the pine nuts, the basil leaves, the oil, the garlic clove and a pinch of salt. Blend it with the mixer.
6. Mix the pesto sauce with the risotto and decorate it with some basil leaves.
Try other risotto recipes for kids.
You can read more articles similar to Basil pesto risotto with carrots, in the category of Rice on site.